- Fox 8 Defenders
A special volunteer service of FOX 8 & the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW).
- New Orleans Jewish Community Centers (JCC New Orleans)
Main page for facilities
Metairie (504) 887-5158
Uptown (504) 897-0143
- Jewish Children’s Regional Service (JCRS)
Assistance with college and camp scholarships and services for kids with special needs.
- Jefferson Parish Community Resource Guide
Published by the Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority (504-349-8833), this guide provides a contact list for emergency services, housing options (transitional and subsidized), utilities assistance, and general case management services that include financial, legal, and employment resources for Jefferson Parish residents.
- New Orleans Community Resource Guide
Common Ground Clinic (504-361-9800) provides a comprehensive list of community resources. Their site includes a general resource guide containing information on basic needs assistance (food, clothing, and shelter), medical, dental, and mental health services, employment and legal aid information, anti-violence resources, and much more. Visit their website for additional links, including a Spanish-language version of the resource guide, sections on services available in specific Greater New Orleans communities, and a women’s health guide.
- Senior Resource Guide of Greater New Orleans
Includes information for seniors and caregivers regarding available health services (adult day care, hospice, mental health, at-home health options, etc.), senior housing, support organizations, elder law, community resources (energy, utility, financial assistance, transportation, etc.), and much more.
- Benefits Guide
- Benefits CheckUp is a free service of the National Council on Aging (202-479-1200), a nonprofit service and advocacy organization in Washington, DC. Benefits CheckUp asks a series of questions to help identify benefits that could save money and cover the costs of everyday expenses. After answering the questions, you will get a report created just for you that describes the programs you may be eligible for, including assistance with medications, food, utilities, and legal services. You can apply for many of the programs online or you can print an application form.
- New Orleans Employment Guide
This website provides listings of available jobs in the Greater New Orleans area.
- Homelessness Resources
Complied by Unity of Greater New Orleans (504-821-4496), this directory provides a listing of services available for homeless or at-risk individuals, including: meal programs, outreach services, housing options, legal and health services, and much more.
- SAMHSA State Resources Guide
This list, compiled by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, lists mental health and substance abuse support services in Louisiana, including state-level mental health, substance abuse, protection and advocacy, family support, and Medicaid and Medicare services agencies, and other advocacy groups.
- Behavioral Health Resources Guide
The City of New Orleans Health Department (504-658-4000) maintains a guide, which provides information on accessing mental health and substance abuse resources in the Greater New Orleans area, including: information on crisis services, hotlines, community and clinic-based services, and much more.
- Families Helping Families Resource Guide
Families Helping Families of South West LA (800-894-6558) publishes a comprehensive list of agencies that provide case management as well as medical, disability, education, and employment services.
- New Orleans Public Library
The New Orleans Public Library system provides basic computer tutoring courses as well as adult and adolescent activity groups. The main library on 219 Loyola Ave. also houses the YMCA’s Adult Literacy Program (504-529-7323).
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans
The Jewish Federation of GNO publishes a resource guide that includes a wide-range of local Jewish community organizations.