POSITION: Community Liaison for Senior Service Programs
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
STATUS: Part-Time, 25 hours/week
TRAVEL: Greater New Orleans Area, Own Vehicle Required
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Lifeline/Homemaker Program Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The position of Community Liaison for JFS Senior Services requires a high- energy self-starter who will meet objectives and goals by promoting Phillips Lifeline, Homemaker and other JFS Senior Services to referral sources in the healthcare community. Help identify the needs and challenges our seniors and Caregivers face as they try to extend independent living in their home settings.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining current referral source relationships within the assigned and planned market expansion areas.
- Managing referral database updates, to achieve goals by recognizing, designating, and developing additional “top tier” referral sources.
- Establish weekly field/office time schedule with Program Manager.
- Call Frequency –Target an average of 10 calls (in person and/or phone) per day to meet with healthcare professionals and community contacts. ( 60% =15 hours / week)
- Process referrals /intakes, schedule install appointments, complete required client documents and data entry. Gain knowledge of Lifeline in-home equipment and troubleshooting. ( 40%=10 hours/week)
- Scheduling and presenting accredited Continuing Education Units (CEU) to RN’s, Case Managers, Social Workers, and Hospital Discharge Planners. Provide agency marketing collaterals to support senior service programs to referral sources.
- Participating in meetings, events, and presentations with our current Professional Organization memberships and co- vendor network.
- Meeting growth expectations for Lifeline and Homemaker by developing a 12-month marketing plan by quarterly segments targeting key healthcare professionals. This includes but not limited to Home Health and Hospice Agencies, Hospital Social Worker and Discharge Planners, Rehab and Skilled Nursing Units, Dialysis Centers and Health Management Organizations.
- Community outreach – presentations at Senior Centers, Seniors Residences for Independent Living and organizations or associations whose focus is supporting seniors with multi-level programs.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com
ORGANIZATION: Jewish Family Service (JFS) a local non-profit social service agency dedicated to preserving, strengthening, and enhancing the wellbeing and self-sufficiency of individuals and families at every stage of the life cycle. Established over 70 years ago, Jewish Family Service is a “whole person environment,” serving the residents of Greater New Orleans without regard to race, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.