JFS counseling services are designed to provide guidance and psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families, and children of all faiths. Our licensed professional staff can assist with a wide variety of therapeutic needs:
- Grief and Loss
- Impulse Control
- Parenting Skills
- Social Skills
Services are available at three office locations:
1. Mid-City – 4038 Canal Street, New Orleans
2. Metairie – 3300 W. Esplanade Ave. S., Ste. 603
3. Northshore – 1350 Park Dr., Ste. B, Mandeville
JFS therapists are all Masters-level mental health professionals, either social workers or professional counselors.
JFS therapists use a variety of treatment modalities depending on client needs.
We also offer:
- Parenting Coordination, a structured program focusing on teaching parents positive co-parenting skills, to manage ongoing issues in high-conflict child custody cases
- Psychoeducation for diversion clients referred by the courts, to teach new decision making skills
- Prepare/Enrich relationship inventory and skills building program
- Play therapy for children ages 5 and up
JFS currently accepts the following health insurance: Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE and Gilsbar
Counseling services are also available on sliding-fee scale based on household income, ranging from $18-$120 per hour. All clients are asked to bring in pay stubs, tax returns or other proof of income to be assessed on the sliding scale.