Become a Teen Life Counts Volunteer Educator
The TLC program relies on dozens of Volunteer Educators to teach an established suicide prevention and awareness program to students in the Greater New Orleans area.
Thank you for your interest! Please click here to fill out an application The TLC Volunteer Coordinator will get back to you.
- Attend Volunteer Training (3 hours)
- Observe full TLC course taught by an experienced volunteer educator in a local school (2 or 3 days, 3 hours total)
- Teach full TLC course at a local school under supervision of the TLC Coordinator
After completing initial training, TLC volunteer educators are required to teach the TLC program in at least two area schools per semester and attend approximately two additional TLC educator support meetings over the course of the year.
- 21 years of age or older
- Availability on weekdays during school hours
- Experience working with teens
- Experience with multi-media (PowerPoint, LCD/laptop/SmartBoard)
- Internet access and an email account
- Willingness to work with a diverse populations
- Reliable transportation
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality per HIPPA requirements where applicable