Continuing Educational Units in Louisiana
CEUs for Counselors and Social Workers
JFS offers LABSWE-approved and LCA-approved continuing educational units (CEUs) for mental health professionals in Louisiana.
Ethics, Diagnosis, Clinical, and General Hours
JFS offers CEUs each month. Our CEUs are open to both social workers and counselors.
Most of our CEUs are for Diagnosis or Clinical hours. We also offer General and Ethics hours CEUs.
The Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners (LABSWE) and the Louisiana Counseling Association (LCA) approve our CEU hours. Due to Covid 19, we are currently offering virtual CEUs open to any mental health practitioner in Louisiana.
Example CUEs include:
- Treating Compulsive Sexual Behavior: A new approach
- Building Rapport with Children and Adolescents
- The Basics of Custody Evaluation
- Parenting Anxious Children Using the SPACE Program
- Perfectionism, Shame and Self-compassion
- Clinical Care in Tele-Mental Health
- Suicide Prevention
- Parallel Processes
- Level Up: Recognizing our own money challenges to help our couples clients
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Praise for JFS CEUs
JFS is always up to date on the current challenges facing social workers and counselors in our state. Not long after the pandemic hit, they were offering a CEU about telemental health and, later, about connecting with youth clients. Their CEUs really help me stay abreast of best practices and prepared for my clients.-Sarah, 36
“With 15 years of clinical practice, I really appreciate the thoughtful and informative CEUs JFS offers. They are organized and efficiently run. My certificate always comes in a timely manner.”-Mike, 48