In partnership with the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana, Jewish Family Service of Greater New Orleans is pleased to offer the Jewish Community COVID-19 Emergency Financial Assistance Program. Stability bridge grants are available for Jewish individuals and families in the Greater New Orleans area who require life sustaining funds and have exhausted all other means to meet their basic needs. Applicants may be eligible for up to $2,500 of assistance. As a social service agency dedicated to preserving and enhancing life and a nonprofit repository of funds providing for the future and well-being of the Jewish community, our organizations hope this program brings both material aid and emotional relief to those impacted by the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Be 25 years of age or older
- Have maintained permanent residence in the Greater New Orleans area (Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany & St. Bernard Parishes) for a minimum of one (1) year
- Be a member of the Jewish community
- Have exhausted other avenues for assistance
Funds available for
- Emergencies (medical, other basic needs)
How to Apply
- Download the application form by clicking the link below.
- Save the application form to your computer.
- Open the application form on your computer and fill it out. There are six (6) pages that require information.
- Save the filled out application form as a PDF. You can do this by clicking the printer icon, and changing the destination to Save as PDF. Name the file with the following format “Last Name First Initial_Financial Assistance Application” (ex: Cohen L_Financial Assistance Application).
- Gather the requested documents specified in the application.
- Take pictures of them or scan them, and save them with the file name “Last Name First Initial_Name of Document” (ex: Cohen L_Pay Stub).
- Email all of the files to FRC@jfsneworleans.org with the subject line “Last Name First Name_ Emergency Assistance Application” (ex: Cohen Lea_ Emergency Assistance Application).
*Disclaimer: This is email. Treat it like a post card. Full security of email cannot be ensured. Data and attachments included in emails could be infected, intercepted, or corrupted. While the probability of intentional interception is low, anyone can read it during transit. We suggest you consider adding encryption through your email provider.
*You can mail any application materials to: Jewish Family Service of Greater New Orleans, 3300 W. Esplanade Ave. S., Suite 603, Metairie, LA 70002 However, this will delay processing.
*To request an application be mailed to your address, please call: 504-831-8475 Leave a message and clearly state that you would like the application mailed to you along with your name and address. However, this will delay processing.
Due to demand, completed applications submitted with all supporting documentation may require a week or more to process.