Family Support Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish)
Job Type: Full Time, $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Location: Metairie, LA
Now offering up to $3,000 performance based bonus. If benchmarks are met, $1,500 will be paid at the 3 month mark, and the remaining $1,500 will be paid at the 6 month mark.
Established over 70 years ago, Jewish Family Service (JFS) is a dynamic “whole person environment,” serving the residents of Greater New Orleans based on the needs of the whole community. JFS works with all New Orleanians, no matter their spiritual beliefs, to support them in preserving, strengthening, and enhancing the well-being and self-sufficiency of our community.
Why Work for JFS?
JFS believes very strongly in work/life balance and offers an outstanding benefits package. As a JFS employee, you will have opportunities for low cost or free CEUs. Moreover, JFS subsidizes 80% of employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, offers matching contributions through a 403b plan, and annually includes 20 vacation days and 10 weeks of sick leave. JFS is closed most Federal and Jewish holidays.
The Family Support Coordinator will provide Post Release Services (PRS) for Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position will report to the Regional Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate post placement services and comprehensive case management for UC;
- Complete individualized needs assessments with UC and sponsor, and develop case plans with particular attention to culture, language, and special circumstances;
- Carry a minimum caseload of 25, but not to exceed 40 cases;
- Maintain a high standard of record-keeping according to USCRI and ORR policies and procedures.
- Provide information, education, referrals, outreach, advocacy, and support to ensure that each child receives the services they require;
- Assess the safety and appropriateness of the placement on an ongoing basis using child welfare principles and social work best practices through phone/video calls, interviews, and home visits;
- Build a network of local pro bono legal resources and service providers to facilitate access for UC and sponsors, and track individual progress;
- Coordinate and maintain communication with key stakeholders;
- Participate in regular training and communication sessions with supervisor and headquarters staff; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated is not to be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, a behavioral science, or social services field with a minimum of two years’ progressive experience in the fields listed above;
- Experience with immigrant populations, child welfare, child placements, family preservation and social service provision is desired;
- Must be skilled at writing professionally, thorough reports;
- Must possess an extensive knowledge of immigrant community local resources;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, a clean driving record, and personal transportation;
- Position requires up to 50 percent long distance travel with limited notice;
- Position is remote and the candidate must have an appropriate workspace to complete documentation, client phone calls, and video conferencing;
- Fluency in Spanish is required; proficiency in additional languages a plus;
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to comply with mandatory state reporting requirement for child abuse and neglect;
- Candidate must have dedication to the human rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers and displaced people;
- Candidate must pass a criminal background check that includes past history of conviction of child and sexual abuse; and
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR and basic first aid certification.
- Satisfactory completion of USCRI and ORR required trainings prior to serving clients and on an annual basis.
If you meet the minimum requirements, please send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.