*All applications & documents must be submitted by October 22.*
Jewish Family Service of Greater New Orleans (JFS), through the financial support of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), will provide need-based financial assistance who were affected by Hurricane Ida. This includes Orleans Parish, Jefferson Parish, Northshore & River Parishes, Baton Rouge, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. In addition, the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana (JEF) is prepared to offer safety net funds beyond the JFNA funding to assist with institutional and individual needs. To learn more, please reach out to Debbie Berins at email@example.com or Bobby Garon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who qualify can apply for needs-based emergency financial assistance that will be allocated as a reimbursement for paid expenses. These need-based grants will be approved based on eligibility and grant criteria which is detailed in the application form and subject to availability of funds. There is no automatic entitlement.
Up to $250 per person can be requested. No applicant is guaranteed the full amount of funds requested.
Funding can be used for humanitarian assistance, including but not limited to hotels and other housing assistance, food, transportation, minor home repairs and miscellaneous supplies.
Emergency Financial Assistance Eligibility Requirements:
- Jewish – 21 years old or older
- Residency in the Hurricane Ida disaster area on August 29, 2021
- Sustained financial loss as a result of Hurricane Ida
- Fill out the application and submit it to JFS
- Click the ‘APPLY HERE’ button below, supply required information, and click ‘Click to Sign’
- Verify your email address
- You will receive an email to verify and confirm your application. You MUST click the link in the email to complete this step of the application process. JFS will not be able to access your application if you do not verify your email address. Check Spam and Junk folders as well.
- Wait for JFS to contact you with further information
- After receiving your application, a JFS case manager will call you with further information, including requests for documents and how to submit them.
- Once all documentation is complete, the JFS Financial Assistance Committee will meet to review grant applications.
- Applicants will be notified of their decision after the committee has met.